Skip to main content

Write That Book!

Do you have a book you want to write?  Have you been thinking about writing a book?  Have you written a book?

 I have over 50 E-books on Amazon  www.amazon.com/author/sharonleejohnson The past 2 years I have written and published 1-2 E Books on Amazon.  I has been a learning experience.  I have learned alot and want to pass on to you what I have learned.  There is no reason to go into debt to become a published writer.  There is no reason to pay anyone, what you can learn to do yourself. 

IF I CAN DO IT, SO CAN YOU

This blog is to tell you what I have learned.  Yes, I have written a series of E-books on what I have learned.  Yes, I would like you to buy my books, BUT, follow my blog and I will tell you what is in those books.

How to Serialize Your Novel  www.amazon.com/dp/B00FE81V3S  99 Cents

Your Guide to Branding Your Writing Career www.amazon.com/dp/B00M0DUG1S 99 Cents

Your Guide to Self Publishing www.amazon.com/dp/B00N8I84TK   99 Cents

Write & Publish Debt Free www.amazon.com/dp/B00SW7GLJC 99 Cents

What I Learned Publishing 50 E-books www.amazon.com/dp/B00UGSXOKO 99 Cents

All My Books at www.amazon.com/author/sharonleejohnson 

Those are my books.Now that is out of the way:

I will be blogging throughout every week.  There is a book that I want to write.  It will not be an easy book for me to write, since it is based on my life  and what I went through in my childhood.  I was sexually abused as a child and am writing about it to help others, so I decided to blog about this writing experience.

From my word count, editing, days of not writing to how I self publish it. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK ME

I WILL ANSWER FOR FREE

I am not going to charge anyone for answering a question. 

Where I am so far:

I have been struggling with the beginning of the book for months.  This past weekend, I finally wrote it all down.

1.  I made a list of the scenes I want to include in the book.  Example:  Telling the family I eloped 3 hours ago.  My wedding night, when I cried all night, Husband walked out on me when I might have cancer. Drinking binge waking up not sure where I was at.

2.  I got 20 pieces of paper.  I chose computer paper.  Each page will be a chapter.  My book will have 20  chapters. 

3.  List of characters:

4,  I have a notebook to keep everything in one place

5.  I picked a title.

6.  I have only 1,000 words written.  I want this book to be close to 100,000 words.

Your book can be shorter.  Shorter books seem to sell better.  30,000-40,000 words are good.  So your word count is up to you.

this is where I am right now.

I work a full time job.  I get up early to write before I go to bed.

Follow me as I write this book.  Write your book with me.  I will tell you what I do everyday.  Leave comments and let me know what you are doing and your progress.  Have a question, Ask me, If I know it I will tell you. 

Don't be scammed, Don't pay for something that you don't have to.  there are alot of websites that want your money.  Think Before you Spend.

Follow me and lets get that book written

Zombie On My Friend
This is my first published novel  www.amazon.com/dp/B006M8PAOA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing A 1,000 Page Novel: On Page 500!------Writing Update!

 November 11, 2023 I am Half Way!!! I AM WRITING PAGE 500 TODAY!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! ALSO I HAVE 50 MORE PAGES TO WRITE, BY NOVEMBER 23, 2023....THEN I WILL HAVE WRITTEN 1,000 PAGES IN ONE YEAR!!!!! I AM LIVING PROOF THAT YOU CAN BE A WRITER......A SELF PUBLISHED WRITER......IF I CAN DO THIS.....SO CAN YOU.....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? HAVE YOU ACCEPTED JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR???? JESUS IS COMING!! DON'T GET LEFT BEHIND.... LOOK UP AND CALL OUT TO JESUS....HE DIED FOR YOU JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD FOR YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO JESUS... JESUS IS LORD OVER ALL

Blogging Around The World

The rain has past.  Yesterday was a very productive day.  I reread the draft of The Cross.  I reread the draft of The Way I like what I have written.  So now I just have to get my but in gear and edit like crazy.  For me that is easier than done.  I look at my desk which is piled up with legal pads, books and now I cannot find anything. I have blogged today.  Check out my other  Blog   I am blogging a scripture a day on the Devotional I am working on.  Jesus said, Go ye into the world, and preach the Gospel.  I feel that is what I am doing by blogging.  Believe it or not, I am getting other countries to my Christian Blog than I am from the USA, which is good.  So I am reaching people all over the world from blogging.  If you want to reach readers from around the world, might want to start blogging.   Blogger  is free and very easy to use.  I have been using Blogger since 2011.  I know a lot of writers have switched to  Word Press  It is a learning curve for me, and I am getti

GOALS FOR 2024

1.  FINISH 2ND ROUGH DRAFT OF MY 1,000 PAGE NOVEL....(ON PAGE 661) 2.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WATCHERS (500 PAGES) 3.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WAY (500 PAGES) THAT IS 1,350 PAGES. APROX......FOR NEXT YEAR...... NEXT YEAR I WANT TO INCREASE MY PAGE COUNT TO 10 PAGES A DAY....I HAVE BEEN AVERAGING 6 PAGES A DAY...SO IF I PUSH MYSELF.....MAYBE I CAN AVERAGE 10 PAGES A DAY...IF I DON'T TRY...I WILL NEVER KNOW HAVE ANY GOALS N 2024....LEAVE A COMMENT AND LETS GET THAT NOVEL FINISHED.... WE ARE WRITERS....SO LETS WRITE!!!!