Skip to main content

DON'T BE SCAMMED!


Welcome To 2017!

I have my goals listed. I have bought new notebooks and pens.  Needless to say, I try to organize my office, but I am just moving piles or papers and magazines from one spot to another.  I know I should throw some of it away, but when it comes to my writing, I just can't.

My main purpose for this blog is for you to learn from my mistakes.  I have always been a writer, since the day I picked up a pencil.  I published my first book My Bible--My GOD www.amazon.com/dp/B006N0ZDGW or Print www.createspace.com/3951775

I have been writing and publishing ever since.  I have learned as I went and make mistakes.  The purpose of this blog is to tell you how not to SCAMMED.

The self-publishing market is flooded.  Amazon made is so simple to publish that everyone is doing it.  So of course there are a lot of people promoting their writing courses for outrageous amounts of money.  You might learn something from the course, but will it be worth it to be into debt?

I have heard of authors spending thousands of dollars to publish one book.

Have you heard of createspace to print your books.  POD.  Print On Demand.  You can pay over 100 dollars to have someone format your book, or you can learn it yourself and cost you nothing.

Editors can cost hundreds and even thousands of dollars.  Is it worth it to be in debt?

My answer is NO.

I know of an author who spent thousands on marketing, ads, billboards, editing and publishing.  She has three books out.  I bought her three books.  They are great books, but she will never recoup her money.

So the question is this:

Do you want to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to get publish?

                                   OR

Are you willing to learn a few things and Do It Yourself?

There are courses out there that cost hundreds of dollars.  Once you buy the course, then they want to sell you more courses or books.  Nothing wrong with that, as long as you realize that they are counting on you to support them.

Yes I want to make money.  I am sure you want to make money through your writing.  What I am saying that there are people out there that are preying on your desperate need to get published.  There is nothing wrong with buying a course as long as you know what you are buying.

I publish on Amazon.  I have over 50 E-Books on Amazon  www.amazon.com/author/sharonleejohnson

I have print books on createspace.  www.createspace.com

So Think before you spend your book.

1.  Check out Ctreatespace for print books.

2.  Check out http://kdp/amazon.com to publish on Kindle.

I have paid for services when I started.  I paid to have my print books formatted.  Cost me around a hundred dollars.

I paid for book covers and never paid over fifty dollars.  Some authors pay up to 1,000 dollars on one book cover.  I buy premade covers, where they just put the title and author on the cover.  You can create your own cover for Kindle and Createspace for FREE.

As I blog this year, I will be talking about my writing career and pass on to you what I have learned.

Have a question?  Leave it in the comment section.

Find all my books at www.amazon.com/author/sharonleejohnson

Visit me on facebook.  www.facebook.com/diywritingcareer

.www.amazon.com/dp/B00FE81V3S



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing A 1,000 Page Novel: On Page 500!------Writing Update!

 November 11, 2023 I am Half Way!!! I AM WRITING PAGE 500 TODAY!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! ALSO I HAVE 50 MORE PAGES TO WRITE, BY NOVEMBER 23, 2023....THEN I WILL HAVE WRITTEN 1,000 PAGES IN ONE YEAR!!!!! I AM LIVING PROOF THAT YOU CAN BE A WRITER......A SELF PUBLISHED WRITER......IF I CAN DO THIS.....SO CAN YOU.....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? HAVE YOU ACCEPTED JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR???? JESUS IS COMING!! DON'T GET LEFT BEHIND.... LOOK UP AND CALL OUT TO JESUS....HE DIED FOR YOU JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD FOR YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO JESUS... JESUS IS LORD OVER ALL

Blogging Around The World

The rain has past.  Yesterday was a very productive day.  I reread the draft of The Cross.  I reread the draft of The Way I like what I have written.  So now I just have to get my but in gear and edit like crazy.  For me that is easier than done.  I look at my desk which is piled up with legal pads, books and now I cannot find anything. I have blogged today.  Check out my other  Blog   I am blogging a scripture a day on the Devotional I am working on.  Jesus said, Go ye into the world, and preach the Gospel.  I feel that is what I am doing by blogging.  Believe it or not, I am getting other countries to my Christian Blog than I am from the USA, which is good.  So I am reaching people all over the world from blogging.  If you want to reach readers from around the world, might want to start blogging.   Blogger  is free and very easy to use.  I have been using Blogger since 2011.  I know a lot of writers have switched to  Word Press  It is a learning curve for me, and I am getti

GOALS FOR 2024

1.  FINISH 2ND ROUGH DRAFT OF MY 1,000 PAGE NOVEL....(ON PAGE 661) 2.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WATCHERS (500 PAGES) 3.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WAY (500 PAGES) THAT IS 1,350 PAGES. APROX......FOR NEXT YEAR...... NEXT YEAR I WANT TO INCREASE MY PAGE COUNT TO 10 PAGES A DAY....I HAVE BEEN AVERAGING 6 PAGES A DAY...SO IF I PUSH MYSELF.....MAYBE I CAN AVERAGE 10 PAGES A DAY...IF I DON'T TRY...I WILL NEVER KNOW HAVE ANY GOALS N 2024....LEAVE A COMMENT AND LETS GET THAT NOVEL FINISHED.... WE ARE WRITERS....SO LETS WRITE!!!!