Skip to main content

Reality Check On Being A Self-Published Writer

Self- Published Books hit one million in 2017


How I Published Over 50 E-Books On Amazon

Yesterday, I was going to write a post and had no idea what to write.  I was on Facebook and there are so many groups one can join.  I lost track of time as I scrolled down the posts of one group.  Everyone seemed to be selling books, pictures at there book signings.  Newbies asking questions, people buying ads on Facebook and Good Reads.  Then I came a cross a post.  A woman said, her computer died.  She can't write in long hand, because her hands cramp up.  How is she going to write?  She can't afford a new computer.


I published My Bible--My God in 2011  It is my testimony how I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and my walk with God.  I have this in print and e-book. 

In 2011 E-Books were fairly new.  Everyone was learning how to self-publish.  When I started, I didn't even know how to send an E-mail or a file.  Then when someone sent me a file, I downloaded the file but had no idea where it went.  I had no idea that the computer had more than one hard drive.

So I was learning.  I was paying someone to format my files.  I paid for premade book covers (Which I think is still a good idea)

I came up with the idea that I was going to publish 50 E-Books on Amazon. 

Get Your Books On Amazon in Less Than A Month

So I wrote a short story every month Me VS Zombie Series

If there is over a million self-published books what are the odds of you selling your book?

How much are you willing to pay to have your book self-published. 

Amazon, has made it very easy to learn how to self-publish yourself.  That is the easy part.

The hard part is not self-publishing your book.  The hard part is marketing your book.

There is no magic formula to marketing.  What might work for someone might not work for you.
What works for you, might not work for someone else.

I have spent money on writing courses, marketing courses.  It all comes down to, how much time are you willing to spend on marketing?
Marketing will zap the life out of you, where you will have no time to write the next book

Money is my issue.  There are courses out here that will charge hundreds of dollars on how to market your book.  It might not work for you.

You can spend hundreds of dollars on book covers, and the book might not sell

You can have the best editor and your book might sell.

Books are being published every minute of every hour, of every day. 

Are you depressed yet?  Ready to give up?

Don't quit.

This is a reality check.

I can not stop writing.  Writing is what I do.  Writing is who I am.

If writing is your passion, Your dream, then don't ever quit.

You just need to know what you are up against.

Anyone can publish today. 

I sell books every month.  My non-fiction books, I just want to get the information out to other writers so they will not be scammed.

I give my books out also.  It is a good promotion idea. 

So ask yourself, why do you want to be self-published?
Why do you want to be a writer?
How much money are you willing to spend?
How much time are you willing to put into writing?
At the end of your life, will you regret writing and wasting all that time?
At the end of your life, will you regret not writing that book?

Odds are against us, but isn't every dream we have, the odds are against us.

No matter what keep writing. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing A 1,000 Page Novel: On Page 500!------Writing Update!

 November 11, 2023 I am Half Way!!! I AM WRITING PAGE 500 TODAY!!! SO EXCITED!!!!! ALSO I HAVE 50 MORE PAGES TO WRITE, BY NOVEMBER 23, 2023....THEN I WILL HAVE WRITTEN 1,000 PAGES IN ONE YEAR!!!!! I AM LIVING PROOF THAT YOU CAN BE A WRITER......A SELF PUBLISHED WRITER......IF I CAN DO THIS.....SO CAN YOU.....WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????? HAVE YOU ACCEPTED JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR???? JESUS IS COMING!! DON'T GET LEFT BEHIND.... LOOK UP AND CALL OUT TO JESUS....HE DIED FOR YOU JESUS SHED HIS BLOOD FOR YOU OPEN YOUR HEART TO JESUS... JESUS IS LORD OVER ALL

Blogging Around The World

The rain has past.  Yesterday was a very productive day.  I reread the draft of The Cross.  I reread the draft of The Way I like what I have written.  So now I just have to get my but in gear and edit like crazy.  For me that is easier than done.  I look at my desk which is piled up with legal pads, books and now I cannot find anything. I have blogged today.  Check out my other  Blog   I am blogging a scripture a day on the Devotional I am working on.  Jesus said, Go ye into the world, and preach the Gospel.  I feel that is what I am doing by blogging.  Believe it or not, I am getting other countries to my Christian Blog than I am from the USA, which is good.  So I am reaching people all over the world from blogging.  If you want to reach readers from around the world, might want to start blogging.   Blogger  is free and very easy to use.  I have been using Blogger since 2011.  I know a lot of writers have switched to  Word Press  It is a learning curve for me, and I am getti

GOALS FOR 2024

1.  FINISH 2ND ROUGH DRAFT OF MY 1,000 PAGE NOVEL....(ON PAGE 661) 2.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WATCHERS (500 PAGES) 3.  WRITE ROUGH DRAFT OF THE WAY (500 PAGES) THAT IS 1,350 PAGES. APROX......FOR NEXT YEAR...... NEXT YEAR I WANT TO INCREASE MY PAGE COUNT TO 10 PAGES A DAY....I HAVE BEEN AVERAGING 6 PAGES A DAY...SO IF I PUSH MYSELF.....MAYBE I CAN AVERAGE 10 PAGES A DAY...IF I DON'T TRY...I WILL NEVER KNOW HAVE ANY GOALS N 2024....LEAVE A COMMENT AND LETS GET THAT NOVEL FINISHED.... WE ARE WRITERS....SO LETS WRITE!!!!